Saturday, November 12, 2011

Drop Everything And Read 11/11/11 @ 11

File:LoveYouForever.png
"I'll love you forever ! I'll like you for always! As long as I'm living ! My baby you'll be."


On Friday my students had this book read to them. I, never hearing of the book sat and listen and  found myself in tears. This book was so touching to me that I thought I would share with others. Not  sure if I am the only one who has not heard of it before.

It tells the story of a mother who expresses her love to her baby boy who develops into a young  man.It is a great example of  the circle of  life and the relationship of a mother and her son. As  time passes mother becomes ill and passes away. The son has his on child a recites the same,  "I'll love you forever ! I'll like you for always! As long as I'm living ! My baby you'll be."
 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Stephanie,

    Stephanie you look like a happy, fun, creative teacher who really enjoys providing amazing social and academic opportunities for your students.......

    Aaaawwwwwww, my eleven year old son just saw this book on your page and started going down memory lane. We made up a song with the words "I love you forever" when he was four.

    You're bringing back memories with "Drop Everything And Read" What time of the day do you engage in this activity and is it a success?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephanie,
    What a creative teacher you are! I love this book and so does my daughter! My son is two nd although we read every night he only has a couple of books that he likes to read right now. I m hoping that this book will be one of his favorites too. Great book!!!!

    ReplyDelete