Saturday, July 7, 2012

My Personal Research Journey


What are the positive consequences of early interventions on language development?

      For my research simulation topic I have chosen the benefits of early intervention on childhood language development. This topic was chosen because language is a key part of child development. Children must understand language before they can use language effectively. Through this research I seek to provide positive consequences and negative consequences of fostering language development through early interventions.   Not only is this topic of great  interest  to me; but is significantly import for many reasons. Currently I am working specifically with infants, toddlers, and preschooler as well as I has children of my own. At this stage in life children begin to acquire language and recall simple words. Many children by the age of four begin experiencing difficulty with receptive language. I see this type of research topic as being an important topic for those wanting to assist parents in the early stages of development. I am currently seeking any suggestions in completing this process. What have some of your experiences been in regards to language development and benefits of early intervention versus  very little intervention’s?
        So far I  have  grasp that  concept that anyone can complete research with that knowledge of establishing the steps to the research process. My weakness previously was thinking that I was required to read an entire article. Thus far I have found out otherwise and see this being essential to the research process.  Through the research chart I have established that the jargon alone will require that I apply critical thinking skills and apply previous knowledge to this course. There is a connection to each course that is required. This week’s course reading allowed me to take a closer look at design research. This is the planning phase of research and requires a systematic  approach be followed in preparing a research project.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stephanie,
    Your topic of early intervention on childhood language development sounds interesting. I know that reading can be a big part of that if parents start reading to their child at a young age. I started reading to my son when he was an infant and at six months of age he was bringing me books to read to him and at 9 months of age I caught him sitting on our bed "reading" his favorite book. He is 8 now and still loves to read, especially books that have a lot of facts in them.:)

    ReplyDelete