Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Final Blog Assignment




Teaching is leaving a vestige of one self in the development of another. And surely the student is a bank where you can deposit your most precious treasures. ~Eugene P. Bertin

This is a quote that I have applied to my teaching profession. As  I continue to proceed through this program I realize that I will forever be a student in which my experiences and the people that I   come in contact with make precious deposits into my knowledge back.

The resources and conversations that my colleagues have shared with me has left a lasting  impression on my  professional career. The research and resources has made me more aware of issues and trends that occur not just around me but across the global. I really enjoyed reading my colleagues Laura Mastroianni post. She always had something very interesting to read on her blog site. I enjoyed reading the conversations that she had with her international contact, Swati the director of TULIPS (The Universal Learning Integrated Program) in Mumbai. Swati proves that the shape of passion for children is the same across the world. A quote of Swati’s that I will forever appreciate is, “A teacher should teach her student how to live life, how to enjoy success and how to endure failure.”

Just as I have learned several things and been inspired by the contact that Miss Laura has had with  Swati; I hope to follow in their same example of continuing to motivate and inspire others about the world of educations.

4 comments:

  1. Stephanie, your kind words have touched and encouraged me. Thank you so much.

    I love the Eugene Bertin quote, "Teaching is leaving a vestige of one self in the development of another."

    I have enjoyed getting to know you through your blog. I have learned a great deal as well.
    Perhaps one day you and I can visit Swati together!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed myself in this class well. I enjoyed your blogs because it gave me different ways to handle situations. Thanks a bunch and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, I have enjoyed your post and understand the commitment it takes to run a center. I was Director and had over 16 employees and 114 to tend to. We were all able to collaborate and do what was in the best interest of the children, family, community and Center. Hang in there.

    Everyone in our group have made a great stride of sharing great views and I have learned a lot from each and everyone. I was truly inspired by Laura's blog and her contact with Swati. Much success to you. It has been a great pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie, thank you for both the quotes you included in your blog post. They seem to some up the purpose of EC professionals.

    ReplyDelete